You have selected an area full of places to see and things to do during any season of Vancouver Island travel!
Photo: @Beach Acres Resort. Looking for a family friend beachfront resort? We thoroughly enjoyed our family vacation in one of their Beachfront cottages.
Here are a few of the Traveling Islanders favourites in the Parksville Area:
1. One of the top 10 beaches in all of Canada can be found in Parksville and it’s called Rathtrevor Beach Park. Why is it on the top 10 list? One of the reasons is that this boasts one of the warmest ocean water beaches in all of Canada. The tide can go out a full kilometre making this beach fun and kid friendly. You will love this beach!
2. Go on an underground family adventure at Horne Lake Caves. Take a guided tour with experienced and trained staff. Put on hard hats with headlamps attached and venture off into the unknown! Choose your own adventure from rappelling down caves to the family friendly cave tour.
3. Do you enjoy a good waterfall or short hike? Englishman River Falls is 20 minutes outside Parksville and is accessible by all. Want a longer hike? Take the 45 min loop along the river canyon, cross over a bridge and see the lower falls. All ages, and abilities will love this waterfall attraction.
4. Looking for a beachfront family friendly resort to stay at while vacationing in Central Vancouver Island? Beach Acres Resort is situated right on Rathtrevor Beach, which is one of the top 10 beaches in all of Canada. Choose from a beachfront cottage, condo or a cozy forest cottage. Or if camping is more your style… check out the 8 reasons why we love Rathtrevor Campground.
5. Parksville is full of quality restaurants downtown, but there is none more unique than the Black Goose Inn. It’s a hidden gem off the beaten path and those are the best kind of restaurants! Delicious main courses and desserts, Scottish Hunting Lodge, Step back in time, Ocean view, and the best Halibut on Vancouver Island!
6. Come together as a family and enjoy a world class miniature golf course right in the heart of Parksville. Challenge your family to bumper boats and get soaked too! All this and more at Paradise Fun Park.
7. Saddle up and go for a horse trail ride at Tiger Lilly Farms. Or if you have little kids, they will love the petting zoo. Get kissed by a llama, feed a baby goat, collect chicken eggs or take your kid on a pony ride. All will make fantastic Vancouver Island family memories.
8. Hey golfers and rustic luxury resort lovers! This ones for you! 18 holes at Fairwinds Golf Course while on a romantic getaway to Tigh-na-mara beach resort. To add to your getaway be sure to visit Grotto spa and take a relaxing mineral pool soak in one of the top rated spas in all of British Columbia.