If you love snorkelling in Hawaii and you’re on the Island of Kauai then put on your mask and snorkel and head to Tunnels Beach in the North Shore!
Check out our video below to get an on location view with with all the details of how to get to Tunnels Beach and an on location view!
Don’t miss our Tunnels Beach tips & tricks on how to make the most out of your time.
If you love snorkelling in Hawaii and you’re on the Island of Kauai then put on your mask and snorkel and head to the North Shore!
Haena Beach where Tunnels Beach is located has everything you are looking for when it comes to an awesome and easily accessible Kauai snorkelling beach.
This is why we love the North Shore of Hawaii! No restaurants, no commercialization, beautiful beaches and spectacular backdrops can all be found here.
If you enjoy snorkelling on your Kauai vacation in pristine accessible locations, then it doesn’t get any better than Tunnels Beach on the Island of Kauai.
Things To Know Before You Go Snorkelling At Tunnels Beach, Kauai:
• Keep Tunnels Beach Accessible & Beautiful: One of the ways we can easily destroy access to Tunnels Beach and this beautiful snorkelling location is by leaving it worse than when we came. Please be respectful and take garbage back to your car with you.
• Keep The Coral Beautiful By Not Stepping On It: We have all seen beautiful accessible snorkelling spots get ruined by tourists who didn’t know to keep off the coral. Save the coral by finding an easy sandy entry and lift up your feet as soon as possible.
• Facilities: Haena Beach Park right beside Tunnels Beach has a lifeguard station, showers & a picnic area
• Haena Beach: Surfing and boogie boarding is only recommended for the experienced. During the Summer Months the waves aren’t that great, and during the Winter the waves can get quite large making it a dangerous combination with the shore break. Haena beach during most seasons is a great place to go for a swim, enjoy a sunset and take long beautiful beach walks.
• Kauai Dry Cave: Another popular North Shore attractions is the Maniniholo dry cave which can be found directly across the street from Haena Beach Park. Kids love this, and maybe if they are lucky they may find the hidden pirate treasure!
• Location Of Tunnels Beach: You can gain access to Tunnels Beach through Haena Beach Park. Once you walk to the beach walk South and you’ll typically see others snorkelling from the shore after about a 10 min walk. Look for a shallow rock section just off the beach.